Finn-Guild runs evening courses. Whether you are a beginner, an intermediate level student or an advanced Finnish speaker, we have a course for you. The place is Finn-Guild office in central Camden Town. The nearest underground is Mornington Crescent. If you have any questions, please contact the office on 020 7387 3508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get your name on the mailing list for further events, please contact the Finn-Guild office email@example.com
Intensive Courses organised by Finn-Guild
Finn-Guild organises Finnish Language Intensive Study events a few of times a year. The dates for this autumn's dates are 27 September and 15 November.
The prices of the Intensive Study Days are £65 each for Finn-Guild members and £85 for others.
For more information, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For bookings, please call 020 7387 3508.
Classes for adults and children at a local Finnish Saturday Schools
For further information, see Finnish Saturday School pages, Horisontti magazine or contact the Finn-Guild office.
We can help you locate a tutor in your area. Please contact the Finn-Guild office for more information. Alternatively you can place an advert in the Horisontti magazine (free of charge for Finn-Guild members) or the website.
- Finn Talk (PDF) - a Finnish language distance learning material with CDs, available from the Finn-Guild office.
- Teach Yourself Finnish, written by Terttu Leney and published by Hodder & Stoughton. It can be obtained from any well-stocked bookshop in UK and Finland - Colloquial Finnish, written by Daniel Abondolo and published by Routledge.
- Finnish for Foreigners, written by Maija-Hellikki Aaltio and published by Otava.
- About Finnish grammar visit: http://www.uta.fi/~km56049/finnish/
- Self Access Language Centre (University of Tampere): http://www12.uta.fi/selfaccess/language.php?menu=eng&lang=fin
- Venla.info offers free Finnish online language materials: http://venla.info
- Yle gives you a chance to learn some Finnish or practise what you already know: http://oppiminen.yle.fi/suomi-finnish
Other places to study Finnish:
- London (University of Westminster, SSEES London University College, Morley College)
- Birmingham (Brasshouse Centre)
- Edinburgh (Dr. Maija McKinnon). There are classes at different levels. If you wish to join, please contact Maija McKinnon,17 Mansionhouse Road, Edinburgh EH9 1TZ, Tel. 0131 667 5290, email email@example.com.